Discount-Appliances is a trading name of Discount-Appliances Co Ltd, which is registered in England and Wales under company number 05783475. The registered company address is Units Itvet House, London Road, Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire, CM23 3DT. Our VAT number is 877774355 If you need to contact us please ring 0203 597 6494 or email [email protected]
Payment can be made by credit or debit card online or by telephone. All of our Customers payments made via our website are made as deferred payments and are only “released” once your order has been processed or placed and you informed by telephone or email. Upon acceptance of your order, either online or by telephone, we will debit your credit card with the full value of the order on placement of your order on the relevant Manufacturers home delivery Service system.
All quoted prices are in UK sterling and include V.A.T. at the current rate. While we try to ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
DELIVERY AND RETURNS
- All of our prices include vat and delivery to the UK mainland, and the average delivery time is 3-5 days. You will normally be sent an invoice which will include the delivery details within 24 working hours, but we normally telephone our customers on receipt of an order to arrange the earliest convenient delivery date.
- Wherever possible our appliances are delivered direct by the maker, or a specialist appliance delivery service, so you are guaranteed the best possible service. This costs us more than if we used a courier company, however in the unlikely event when the appliance was delivered it was damaged, the manufacturer would offer a replacement to be sent out (something a courier usually couldn’t). Please note we allow a maximum of 48 hours for any damaged items to be reported after delivery to you has been made so that marking the drivers note “unchecked” etc. is not acceptable. Please also note that when the Manufacturers deliver it is a Home Delivery Service and if delivery is to a “new build” or building site and your builders or staff are taking in the equipment then they will have to make arrangements to be there as most manufacturers home delivery’s can be from 7.30AM to around 7PM and your builder or someone responsible be there to accept the equipment, please explain this to your builder before ordering from us. Please note that as we offer a Home Delivery Service, there are some Business premises we are unable to arrange delivery to, please check by email before ordering. We will always contact you, of course to arrange your delivery date when orders are received.
- Delivery times are usually within 3-5 working days depending on the make of appliance and subject to availability. However some makers like Hotpoint, and Zanussi often deliver in three days. We always advise that delivery is made around a week or so before you anticipate they appliances are needed. Delivery usually includes bringing the appliance in to a room of your choice. After thoroughly checking the goods we suggest that they are repacked until they are needed by your kitchen fitter. Should any damage be found whilst the delivery people are there they will take the appliances away and arrange for new replacement appliances to be delivered within a few days, this is automatic on their part but please also notify our office as well so that we can oversee the situation.All items must be checked and signed for on delivery by a responsible person. Very occasionally an item may be damaged on delivery, that is why It is essential to open all packages and check all appliances for damage/missing items and notify us within a maximum of 48 hours. Even if the packaging does not appear to be damaged in anyway, it is worth checking eg. removing any protective films etc. as goods can be damaged underneath them. If the packaging does look in any way suspect or damaged it is worth unpacking the item while the driver is there to save any delays in a replacement being sent, this will also avoid opening the packet on the day of installation to find the item damaged and not be able to install it. This can also be costly, as you may have booked an installer or engineer. Please note that any damage must be reported within forty eight hours of delivery to us buy telephone but followed up with an email or we will not accept any claims made after this time. Obviously on no account must any damaged goods be fitted or installed (This does not affect your statutory rights).
- We will endeavor to deliver goods within the times stated but goods are subject to availability and delay in delivery of goods is sometimes out of our control. We will only be responsible for any losses that you suffer as a result to the extent that they are a foreseeable consequence to both of us at the time you make the relevant order.Any dates we specify for the delivery of goods are approximate and we shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay for delivery of the goods. We always advise that Built In Appliances are delivered around a week or so before they are actually required to allow for any possible delivery delays or a product being received damaged. Both of these cases are very rare but it does allow time to remedy the situation before your kitchen installers arrive. We shall not be liable to you if we are prevented or delayed in performing of our any obligations to you if this is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control eg : an act of God, explosion, flood, fire or accident, war or civil disturbance, strike, industrial action or stoppages of work, any form of government intervention, a third party act or omission, failure by you to give us a correct email or delivery address or notify us of any change of address. If this happens we shall inform you as soon as is reasonably practicable and if these circumstances continue for 30 days either you or we will be free to cancel the contract. If so, we will give you a full refund of any payment we have received from you within 30 days of cancellation. As delivery’s are carried out by the Manufacturers own large vehicles please advise us if this may cause problems of access before the delivery is booked.
- If you wish to cancel an order before delivery: You may do so at any time prior to the delivery taking place. There would not be a charge regardless of your reasons for canceling. The only exception to this would be if any item was made to your specification ie: Stoves custom made ranges, or Lacanche build to order products. However you would be advised of your cancellation rights when ordering such products. We ask that any such request be received at your earliest request by telephoning in the first instance, and then confirming in writing by e-mail, fax or letter.
- If you wish to cancel an order after delivery: We allow fourteen days from the day after delivery to cancel an order, providing that the item is still sealed or resealed in its original packaging and has been kept in good condition. We will charge the cost of transporting the goods back to the warehouse which will be deducted from any refund. We will not deduct the cost of the original delivery which was included in the sale price but there may be an additional charge from the Manufacturer to us, that we will pass on to you for a restocking fee or for diminished value of the goods returned . The only exception would be in the case of items specifically made for the customer ie: custom made ranges, or build to order products like Rangemaster. Usually it is not possible to return these items unless they are faulty/damaged. We ask that any such request be received at your earliest request by telephoning in the first instance, and then confirming in writing by e-mail, fax or letter. Please note: We allow up to fourteen days for you to inspect your goods after delivery, for wrong model/colour. We cannot exchange or refund after this time. All appliances carry a minimum 12 months parts & labour guarantee.
- If you wish to cancel after the first fourteen days: Should any item fail to operate correctly or not perform to the makers claims, you may, within the first twenty eight days after delivery ask for either a full refund or exchange. This would be subject to allowing the maker to send a qualified representative to inspect the item, and to confirm the item is faulty or not working to their specification. We ask that any such request be received at your earliest request by telephoning in the first instance, and then confirming in writing by e-mail preferably or letter.
While every effort has been taken to provide accurate pictures and product information on this site we cannot guarantee that colours and finishes will be exactly as seen on the site. Dimensions should be taken as approximate and should be checked with the manufacturer for accuracy. We do not make any guarantee’s regarding a products suitability for use.
We comply with all data protection laws applicable to United Kingdom businesses. No customer information will be knowingly given to third parties unless it is required to process your order.
Our website is a very secure HTTPS website. All transaction information passed between this site and the Sage Pay Systems is encrypted using 128-bit SSL certificates. No cardholder information is ever passed unencrypted and any messages sent to your servers from Sage Pay are signed using MD5 hashing to prevent tampering. You can be completely secure in the knowledge that nothing passed to the Sage Pay servers can be examined, used or modified by any third parties attempting to gain access to sensitive information.
Once on the Sage Pay systems, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards used by, among others, the US Government. The encryption keys are held on state-of-the-art, tamper proof systems in the same family as those used to secure VeriSign’s Global Root certificate, making them all but impossible to extract. The data held by Sage Pay is extremely secure and Sage Pay is regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure it remains so.
All products supplied are subject to manufacturer’s guarantees. With the statutory minimum guarantee of 12 months.
Please note that all warranties only cover domestic use, all products being correctly installed and products not being subject to misuse. Warranties will not cover consequential loss.
English law shall govern all contracts formed between us for the purchase of items from this Web Site and any dispute shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
If any provisions of these terms and conditions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
All Information and images contained within this website and information provided by the seller remains the Intellectual Property of Discount-Appliances. Any use of trademarks, images and literature, contained within this website, will require the written permission of Appliance Source.
PLEASE NOTE TERMS AND CONDITION ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. TO ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE A COPY OF THE CURRENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS APPLY TO YOUR ORDER PLEASE PRINT THESE FOR YOUR RECORDS